Civil Staff Engineer – Site/Land Development
TCE’s growing Williston, VT office is looking for a Staff Engineer to join its Land Development team. The successful candidate will work closely with a team of professionals in all aspects of site civil engineering for public and private sector projects, including grading and drainage design, utility design, site and roadway layout.
TCE performs engineering, environmental, survey and landscape design services on a wide variety of challenging projects including commercial, residential, development, energy generation facilities, roadways, transportation, stormwater planning and design, and ski area infrastructure design.
TCE offers a professional, healthy, and family-friendly working atmosphere. We are team-oriented, embrace wellness, and believe in working hard and playing hard. We offer challenging and diverse projects, an exciting and fast-paced working environment, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and ample career growth opportunities.
- Develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications
- Perform various analyses for onsite wastewater, water supply, traffic, storm water and erosion control
- Support preparation of land development design and permitting documents
- Prepare drawings and specifications
- Observe construction and prepare reports
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excels working in a team environment
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, Carlson or AutoCAD Civil 3D, and HydroCAD
- BS in Civil Engineering or related degree
- 2+ years of civil engineering experience with a focus on land development
- VT Stormwater and septic design and permitting experience a plus