Job Title: Site Technician/Staff Engineer II
Summary: Performs a range of duties including surveying, computerized drafting, and technical assistance to the engineering and/or survey departments. May be responsible for assisting with the project management of select construction phase or sanitary design services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Technical review and analysis of policies, projects, activities and data in a variety of engineering projects.
- Sanitary engineering duties, including soil and percolation testing, design and analysis of on-site wastewater disposal systems including conventional, mound systems, sand filters, textile filters, and design of gravity and pressure sewers.
- Construction phase services including field layout of roads, utilities, and buildings. Record survey (as-built) fieldwork and preparation of Record Plans.
- Preparation of bid invitations, contractor and owner coordination, construction stakeout, observation/inspection and engineers certification.
- Permit acquisition, local, and state approvals including wastewater and water supply, subdivisions, and site plans.
- Assist Land Surveyor with all aspects of land surveying by assisting in field reconnaissance, boundary and topographical surveys when necessary.
- Collection and analysis of engineering data, evaluation of conceptual engineering plans and the preparation and evaluation of engineering design and construction plans and specifications.
- May provide project oversight and supervise project staff or provide expertise in specialized engineering projects.
- Independently, following general policies and guidance, plans, develops, and implements engineering plans and projects
- Reviews and analyzes proposed projects and plans for consistency with policies, statutes, regulations, rules, and impact.
- Conducts field work, including project reviews, site inspections, and investigations and makes compliance recommendations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Should have considerable knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices as used in design and construction and planning principles and procedures. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Technically proficient knowledge of engineering systems analysis and evaluation, and laws, regulations, rules, policies and technologies of the projects applicable to area of assignment. This position requires skills in the technology and administrative procedures associated with the area of expertise assigned the position. A solid understanding of data gathering techniques and various systems for organizing and interpreting such data. Must be professional, reliable, and courteous.
Associates (A.S) degree from two year college or university.
Language, Math & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, plans and specifications. Ability to speak effectively in public, including informal meetings and public hearings. Ability to write technically and conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software and AutoCAD / Carlson Design software.
Certificates and Licenses:
State of Vermont Licensed Site Designer and/or Certified Site Technician