Landscape Designer/Architect – Part time
TCE’s growing Williston, VT office is seeking a part-time Landscape Designer/Architect to join our firm. Project types include both public and private sector clients.
TCE family oriented team includes include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who collaborate and provide professional services for a variety of public and private clients.
- Work with multi-disciplinary project teams; assist in developing site design from concept through construction
- Prepare graphics, by hand and by computer, for design development, presentations and public process materials, including: sketch-up models, concept plans and diagrams, design studies, illustrative plans, cross sections and perspective sketches
- Assist in producing construction documents: Develop layout and material, grading, and planting plans and technical details, and write technical specifications
- Assist in preparing estimates of probable construction costs
- Conduct construction site visits and plant tagging
Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in working with Carlson/AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Photoshop, InDesign, and PowerPoint/Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong knowledge of planting and hardscape design
- Proficient in site design, including conceptual layout of commercial, residential, and other developments, site grading and drainage design, storm water management and treatment, erosion control and streetscape development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to review and interpret zoning and other regulatory guidance to inform design decisions.
- Strong graphic skills and ability to organize and present ideas graphically
- Ability to handle assignments from multiple project managers
- BS in Landscape Architecture
- 2-5 years of directly-related professional landscape architecture experience from design through construction
- Familiarity with sustainable design practices desired
For consideration please drop off, mail, email or fax your resume: