Ecologist / Environmental Scientist
Summary: TCE’s growing Williston, VT office is looking for a full-time experienced Ecologist or Environmental Scientist. The successful candidate will work closely with our civil engineering, surveying and landscape architecture teams in all aspects of design and permitting for public and private sector projects.
About Us: TCE performs engineering, environmental, survey and landscape design and permitting services on a wide variety of challenging projects including: commercial & residential land development, renewable energy, and construction. TCE offers a professional, healthy, and family-friendly working atmosphere. We are team-oriented, embrace wellness, and believe in working hard and playing hard. We offer challenging and diverse projects, an exciting and fast-paced working environment, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and ample career growth opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following: (other duties may be assigned)
- Wetland Delineations & Evaluations
- Wetland Restoration Planning & Design
- State & Federal Wetland Permitting
- Invasive Plant Surveys & Monitoring
- Vernal Pool Studies
- Wildlife Habitat & Ecology Studies
- Bat & Acoustic Surveys
- Deer Wintering Assessments
- Spatial Analysis including: Slope, Visibility & Watershed
- Renewable Energy Environmental Impact Assessments
- Expert Testimony & Reports
- Act 250 Permitting Assistance
- Project Management
- Client & Regulator Communication
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in GIS, Adobe & Microsoft Office Suite
- Excels working in a team environment
- Ability to work in the field and in the office
- Self-motivated and critical thinker
- Familiarity with Vermont and Federal environmental regulations
- Experience working with Regulators to obtain permits
- Desire to assist in growth of Environmental Department
- Business Development
- B.S. in Environmental Science or related field
- Professional Wetland Scientist (P.W.S.) certification
- 3-10 years of ecology experience, preferably in environmental consulting in Vermont.
Candidates are required to possess a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record, and must submit COVID-19 vaccination record prior to beginning employment.
TCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Our Mission: TCE provides expert design and guidance to our clients with VT land interests
Our Vision: To live, work, and play in a healthy environment