Land Surveyor / Crew Chief
TCE’s growing Williston, VT office is looking for a Land Surveyor and/or Crew Chief to join its Survey Team. The successful candidate will work closely with our team of professionals in numerous aspects of land surveying including boundary, topographic, utility, and construction surveys.
The primary duties will include analyzing land records research and performs field data acquisition utilizing a variety of technology that may include Carlson Survey, robotic total stations, GPS/GNSS instruments, sUAS/Drones, etc. The ideal candidate has the ability and desire to adapt to and learn new technologies. Licensed Professionals are encouraged to apply.
TCE performs engineering, environmental, survey and landscape design services on a wide variety of challenging projects including commercial, residential, development, solar, institutional, transportation, stormwater planning and design, and ski area infrastructure design.
TCE offers a professional, healthy, and family-friendly working atmosphere. We are team-oriented, embrace wellness, and believe in working hard and playing hard. We offer challenging and diverse projects, an exciting and fast-paced working environment, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and ample career growth opportunities.
- Completion of assignments in all types of weather conditions
- Participates in project meetings
- Experience to adjust project execution to achieve efficient completion of tasks
- Maintains open communication with Survey Manager and internal/external clients
- Completes land records research, analysis, calculations, and data checks
- CAD drafting and assisting with engineering tasks
- Support general office and field tasks
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Dependable and punctual
- Works well with others and has a positive attitude
- Ability to lift heavy objects and work outside for extended periods in all weather conditions
- Self-motivated and organized while working independently and able to work on a team when assigned.
- Experience with sUAS/Drones, MS Office, Carlson Survey and/or AutoCAD is a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- A.S. in survey or related field and/or 2-5 years’ experience in land surveying
TCE has a strict no-tobacco policy.