Summary: TCE’s growing Williston, VT office is looking for a full-time OR part-time experienced Landscape Designer. The successful candidate will work closely with our Senior Landscape Architect and other professionals in all aspects of design and presentation for public and private sector projects.
About Us: TCE performs engineering, environmental, survey and landscape design and permitting services on a wide variety of challenging projects including: commercial & residential land development, renewable energy, and construction. TCE offers a professional, healthy, and family-friendly working atmosphere. We are team-oriented, embrace wellness, and believe in working hard and playing hard. We offer challenging and diverse projects, an exciting and fast-paced working environment, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and ample career growth opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following: (other duties may be assigned)
- AutoCAD drafting
- Planting Design, hardscape, and site grading
- Prepare construction details
- Spatial Analysis including: Slope, Visibility & Watershed
- Renewable Energy Environmental Impact Assessments
- Assist in developing site design from concept plans through construction in a multi-disciplinary team ranging from master planning and feasibility studies to detailed site design
- Prepare graphics (both by hand and digitally) for concept plans, diagrams, sections, presentation materials, and master plans
- Support plan sets development for layout, grading, and planting, and construction details and specifications, and cost estimates
- Assist with preparation of Visual Impact Assessments
- Support preparation of land development design and permitting documents
- Conduct site inspections, construction observation, field reports and plant inventories
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent graphic, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in working with GIS, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate complex ideas graphically and clearly
- Excels working in a team environment
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Knowledge in northeast native plant identification, preferable
- BS in Landscape Architecture (or in progress)
- 1+ years of landscape architecture experience with a focus on land development
Candidates are required to possess a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record, and must submit COVID-19 vaccination record prior to beginning employment.
TCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Our Mission: TCE provides expert design and guidance to our clients with VT land interests
Our Vision: To live, work, and play in a healthy environment