TCE, Trudell Consulting Engineers, offers a professional, healthy, and family-friendly working atmosphere. We are team-oriented, embrace wellness, and believe in working hard and playing hard. We offer challenging and diverse projects, an exciting and fast-paced working environment, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and ample career growth opportunities.
Available Position Job Description
Job Title: Land Surveyor / Technician
Summary: Duties include operating surveying equipment, locating physical features in the field and assisting with deed research, boundary survey, and related office work including CAD drafting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in the field work of a survey crew, including topographic surveys, boundary surveys, profiles, construction control and related investigations.
- Operate survey equipment including Total Stations, Robotic Total Stations, GNSS-RTK, and other equipment to measure distances, horizontal angles and elevations.
- Perform land records, assessors, public works and zoning research pertaining to current survey projects.
- Refer to parcel maps and other related materials.
- Reduce notes, plot data, and perform calculations.
- Maintain accurate, orderly and legible field notes of survey work performed including lines, angles, distances, benchmarks and mathematical calculations.
- CAD experience required. Carlson Survey CAD Software experience a plus
- Work with a variety of City, County, and State departments as well as outside contractors on survey projects as assigned.
- Perform survey activities in a safe and effective manner.
- Work within company methods and procedures for performing all tasks.
- Work with Ortho imagery and Lidar.
- Directs field personnel (interns) on survey projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Should have skills to collect, research, and analyze data, translate concepts and information into images and demonstrate attention to detail. Position will require the identification and resolution of problems in a timely manner. Must be willing to pursue training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, and to share expertise with others. This position requires that the employee presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information. An ability to follow instructions, respond to management direction, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals, and to complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan is necessary. The position requires sound and accurate judgment, observation of safety and security procedures, and that all equipment and materials are used properly.
Associates Degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Survey related field.
Language, Math & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software and Design software. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Carlson Survey and/or AutoCAD.
Certificates and Licenses:
Surveyor in Training is preferred but not required.