TCE, Trudell Consulting Engineers, offers a professional, healthy, and family-friendly working atmosphere. We are team-oriented, embrace wellness, and believe in working hard and playing hard. We offer challenging and diverse projects, an exciting and fast-paced working environment, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and ample career growth opportunities.
Civil Engineering Designer / CADD (REMOTE OPTION IS AVAILABLE)
Design & drafting for civil/site commercial and residential engineering & survey projects in a fast-paced team environment. An eye for detail and AutoCAD expertise is a must, IT experience and/or rendering experience a plus. Remote employment will be considered for the right candidate.
- Design & AutoCAD drafting for residential and commercial engineering, survey, environmental and landscape projects.
Oversight, implementation and improvement of CAD standards and details.
- Ability to suggest, gain approval and implement changes to CAD standards and plan production to improve aesthetics, quality control, and efficiency.
- Drafting and design duties will include: all aspects of civil/site construction document production, grading, plan & profiles, existing and proposed surfaces, cut/fill calculations and redlines.
- Ability to identify drafting and/or design problems and work with the project team to resolve issues.
- Processing of topographic survey data to create existing conditions plans, boundary plats and subdivision plats.
- Assist survey department with drafting boundary surveys and subdivision plats.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people and personalities. Must be professional, reliable, and courteous.
- Sanitary engineering duties, including soil investigations, design and analysis of on-site wastewater disposal systems helpful, but not required.
- 2D & 3D rendering experience with Photoshop and/or SketchUp helpful, but not required.
- Basic IT knowledge helpful, but not required.
Associates (A.S) degree from two year college or university, minimum.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an AutoCAD expert and have basic Carlson knowledge. Photoshop and SketchUp experience a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
State of Vermont Licensed Site Designer, preferred but not required.
Pay: Commensurate with Experience
Senior Ecologist/Environmental Scientist
TCE’s growing Williston, VT office is looking for a full-time Senior Ecologist or Environmental Scientist. The successful candidate will work closely with our civil engineering, surveying and landscape architecture teams in all aspects of design and permitting for public and private sector projects.
TCE performs engineering, environmental, survey and landscape design and permitting services on a wide variety of challenging projects including: commercial & residential land development, renewable energy, and construction. TCE offers a professional, healthy, and family-friendly working atmosphere. We are team-oriented, embrace wellness, and believe in working hard and playing hard. We offer challenging and diverse projects, an exciting and fast-paced working environment, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and ample career growth opportunities. TCE is an equal opportunity employer, with women representing more than 50% of our technical staff.
- Wetland Delineations & Evaluations
- Wetland Restoration Planning & Design
- State & Federal Wetland Permitting
- Invasive Plant Surveys & Monitoring
- Vernal Pool Studies
- Wildlife Habitat & Ecology Studies
- Bat & Acoustic Surveys
- Deer Wintering Assessments
- Spatial Analysis including: Slope, Visibility & Watershed
- Renewable Energy Environmental Impact Assessments
- Expert Testimony & Reports
- Act 250 Permitting Assistance
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in GIS, Adobe & Microsoft Office Suite
- Excels working in a team environment
- Ability to work in the field and in the office
- Self-motivated and critical thinker
- Familiarity with Vermont and Federal environmental regulations
- Experience working with regulators to obtain permits
- Desire to assist in growth of Environmental Department
- Business Development & Sales Experience preferred
- B.S. in Environmental Science or related field
- Professional Wetland Scientist (P.W.S.) certification
- 2-5 years of ecology experience, preferably in environmental consulting in Vermont
TCE, or Trudell Consulting Engineers, is a locally owned multi-disciplinary consulting firm with offices located in Williston and St. Albans, Vermont. TCE specializes in site/civil engineering, environmental, landscape architecture, and land surveying, for a variety of clients in Vermont. Our clients span the public and private sectors and range from individual homeowner’s to large corporations. TCE was founded in 1975 and has continued to evolve and adapt to the changing economy and challenges of an ever-increasing complex regulatory world. We assist our clients with achieving their goal and developing successful projects from the initial concept through the final construction. TCE recently received the Best of Business (BoB) award as Vermont’s best engineering firm for the second year in a row.
Pay: Commensurate with Experience