TCE, Trudell Consulting Engineers, offers a professional, healthy, and family-friendly working atmosphere. We are team-oriented, embrace wellness, and believe in working hard and playing hard. We offer challenging and diverse projects, an exciting and fast-paced working environment, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and ample career growth opportunities.
Civil Engineering Designer / CADD
Design & drafting for civil/site commercial and residential engineering & survey projects in a fast-paced team environment. An eye for detail and AutoCAD expertise is a must, IT experience and/or rendering experience a plus. Remote employment may be considered for the right candidate.
- Design & AutoCAD drafting for residential and commercial engineering, survey, environmental and landscape projects.
Oversight, implementation and improvement of CAD standards and details.
- Ability to suggest, gain approval and implement changes to CAD standards and plan production to improve aesthetics, quality control, and efficiency.
- Drafting and design duties will include: all aspects of civil/site construction document production, grading, plan & profiles, existing and proposed surfaces, cut/fill calculations and redlines.
- Ability to identify drafting and/or design problems and work with the project team to resolve issues.
- Processing of topographic survey data to create existing conditions plans, boundary plats and subdivision plats.
- Assist survey department with drafting boundary surveys and subdivision plats.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people and personalities. Must be professional, reliable, and courteous.
- Sanitary engineering duties, including soil investigations, design and analysis of on-site wastewater disposal systems helpful, but not required.
- 2D & 3D rendering experience with Photoshop and/or SketchUp helpful, but not required.
- Basic IT knowledge helpful, but not required.
Associates (A.S) degree from two year college or university, minimum.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be an AutoCAD expert and have basic Carlson knowledge. Photoshop and SketchUp experience a plus.
Certificates and Licenses:
State of Vermont Licensed Site Designer, preferred but not required.
Pay: Commensurate with Experience
Civil Staff Engineer II – Site/Land Development
TCE’s growing Williston, VT office is looking for a Civil/Staff Engineer to join its Land Development team. The successful candidate will work closely with a team of professionals in all aspects of site civil engineering for public and private sector projects, including grading and drainage design, utility design, site and roadway layout.
TCE performs engineering, environmental, survey and landscape design services on a wide variety of challenging projects including commercial, residential, development, energy generation facilities, roadways, transportation, stormwater planning and design, and ski area infrastructure design.
TCE offers a professional, healthy, and family-friendly working atmosphere. We are team-oriented, embrace wellness, and believe in working hard and playing hard. We offer challenging and diverse projects, an exciting and fast-paced working environment, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and ample career growth opportunities.
· Develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications
· Perform various analyses for onsite wastewater, water supply, traffic, storm water and erosion control
· Support preparation of land development design and permitting documents
· Prepare drawings and specifications
· Observe construction and prepare reports
Skills and Abilities
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Excels working in a team environment
· Ability to think critically and creatively
· Attention to detail
· Ability to multitask
· Strong computer skills including MS Office, Carlson or AutoCAD Civil 3D, and HydroCAD
· BS in Civil Engineering or related degree
· 2+ years of civil engineering experience with a focus on land development
· VT Stormwater and septic design or permitting experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
TCE is following all VT Health Department Guidance for Workplace Safety and Covid-19.