Summary: TCE, a local multi-disciplinary consulting firm is looking for a skilled, resourceful, and collaborative Landscape Designer/Architect to join our growing team. This position can be hybrid, with part-time remote work available for the right candidate. The successful candidate will work closely with our Senior Landscape Architect, Landscape Designer, and a team of project, staff and senior engineers as well as planners, ecologists, technicians, and survey professionals on projects largely in private sector residential, mixed use and commercial development. This is a fast-paced and dynamic position, with opportunities to be challenged, and contribute to successful project outcomes.
About Us: TCE performs engineering, environmental, survey and landscape design and permitting services on a wide variety of challenging projects including: commercial & residential land development, renewable energy, and construction. TCE offers a professional, healthy, and family-friendly working atmosphere. We are team-oriented, embrace wellness, and believe in working hard and playing hard. We offer challenging and diverse projects, an exciting and fast-paced working environment, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and ample career growth opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following: (other duties may be assigned)
- Assist Senior Landscape Architect with: feasibility studies, conceptual site planning, master plans, and planting plans
- Must be able to review and interpret local zoning and state regulatory requirements to determine restrictions on proposed projects and inform site plan development
- Prepare graphics (both by hand and digitally) for concept plans, diagrams, sections, presentation materials, and master plans
- Support plan sets development for layout, grading, and planting, and construction details and specifications, and cost estimates
- Assist with preparation of Visual Impact Assessments
- Support preparation of land development design and permitting documents
- Conduct site inspections, construction observation, field reports and plant inventories
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent graphic, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in working with AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate complex ideas graphically and clearly
- Excels working in a team environment
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Knowledge in northeast native plant identification
- Self-motivated, ability to work and train independently and work well with a team of other professionals
- Must possess a BS in Landscape Architecture
- 2-10 years of landscape architecture experience with a focus on land development
Candidates are required to possess a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record, and must submit COVID-19 vaccination record prior to beginning employment.
TCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Our Mission: TCE provides expert design and guidance to our clients with VT land interests
Our Vision: To live, work, and play in a healthy environment